Report from Saturday, June 26, 2010 – thanks Jared!
The Sooner Republican Assembly (SRA) held its 2010 Endorsing Convention this morning. Twenty-one statewide and local candidates recieved the endorsement of the SRA, which required them to earn 2/3 of the delegates’ votes. Detailed information on the votes is available here. Those winning endorsements are listed below.
* Tom Coburn for US Senate
* R.J. Harris for US House, 4th District
* Kevin Calvey for US House, 5th District
* Randy Brogdon for Governor
* Paul F. Nosak for Lieutenant Governor
* Scott Pruitt for Attorney General
* Owen Laughlin for State Treasurer
* Janet Barresi for State Superintendent of Public Instruction
* Mark Costello for Commissioner of Labor
* John Doak for Insurance Commissioner
* Anthony Sykes for the State Senate
* Norm Seaberg, Kent Hunt, Scott Martin, Randy Terrill, Sally Kern, Charles Key, Mike Reynolds, and Mike Christian for the State House
* David Tinsley for Cleveland County Assessor
* Jim Reynolds for Cleveland County Treasurer
In addition, the SRA delegates endorsed State Questions 746, 747, 748, 750, 751, 752, and 754. They voted against Questions 744 and 757.
Two resolutions were proposed, both of which passed unanimously. The first condemned the recent decision to ban 4th District Congressional candidate R.J. Harris from future Cleveland County Republican Party events. The second was a motion of no confidence in the county’s GOP chair and vice chair.
Winning 100% of the vote were candidate Anthony Sykes; State Questions 746, 750, 751; and the resolutions. Four other candidates earned over 93% of the vote: Randy Brogdon, Owen Laughlin, Janet Barresi, and Mark Costello.
Perhaps the biggest surprise of the day was the race for Lieutenant Governor. The field of five includes two state legislators and the 2006 GOP State Superintendent nominee. Yet the endorsement was won by Owasso businessman and political newcomer Paul F. Nosak, who reached the required 2/3 supermajority in the third round of voting. He would eventually receive 75% of the votes.
Filed under: Constitution, Grassroots Projects, R3publicans #R3S, Social Networks Tagged: Anthony Sykes, Charles Key, Conservative Wing of the Republican Party, Jared Byrns, Kevin Calvey, Mark Costello, Mike Christian, Mike Reynolds, NFRA, OKC area, oklahoma city, Oklahoma County, Owen Laughlin, R3publican, Randy Brogdon, Randy Terrill, Republican, RJ Harris, Sally Kern, Say No to SQ744, Sooner Republican Assembly, Tom Coburn