Solicitor General Elena Kagan is too political, too leftist, too inexperienced and too disrespectful towards existing law to be confirmed for the U.S. Supreme Court.
As Ms. Kagan’s nomination hearings begin on Monday, what we now know about her should disturb fair-minded Americans, and should embolden moderate senators of both parties to avoid rubber-stamping her for a lifetime appointment. We know she is remarkably lacking in courtroom experience. Until Ms. Kagan became solicitor general, she not only had never been a judge, but she also had not even argued a single appeals case in her entire career. Her few arguments as solicitor general have been undistinguished. In one, the justices had to remind her that she was to answer their questions, not ask them questions of her own…..
· We know she deliberately ignored the law while at Harvard, and unfairly besmirched our military in time of war..
· We know she cut corners in order to preserve partial-birth abortions
· We know she is willing to undercut First Amendment free speech for political purposes
· We know Ms. Kagan is hostile to gun rights.
· We know she believes foreign law is highly relevant to U.S. law.
· We know she believes judges should automatically favor certain classes of people and impose their own values to reach desired outcomes.
· And we know lots of other things about Ms. Kagan.
…………If those are Elena Kagan’s goals, let her run for elective office. But keep her far away from the nation’s highest court, where justices are supposed to serve the law, not create it.CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE:
Senator John McCain (R-AZ) plans to vote against confirming Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan. The Arizona senator’s decision makes him the latest in the GOP to publicly oppose President Barack Obama’s nominee to succeed retiring Justice John Paul Stevens.
Democrats have enough votes to confirm Kagan, but do they have enough to overcome a filibuster? So far, none of the 41 Republican has announced plans to vote for Kagan. This supports the theory that she can be stopped, if only Republicans will attempt a filibuster.
Please take a moment to call Senator Lindsay Graham (R-SC, 202-224-5972) and ask him to “Please follow Senator McCain’s example, and vote against and filibuster Elena Kagan.”
YouTube Video where Ms. Kagan Won’t Say Whether She Believes in Natural Rights
We hold these Truths to be self -evident, that all Men are created equal, that they *are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.The Declaration of Independence
*Natural rights, those rights that men posses as a gift from God prior to the formation of governments.